no because everyone gets hurt in some way or form, and we think we're making the world a better place by helping some country, but at the same time it can't be helping the world by destruction and brutality.
yes, i think there is a thing as a just war, but we should be careful as to what wars we go into. it may not be just to kill many people for someone else's war, or for going into a war with no basis or reason.
I think people believe that, when they go to war, it is justified, and I think if they are in danger, perhaps it is. War changes though and I think that by the end it is never just.
A war can be just if we have a good reason and do a lot of research about your war. It should not be rushed into and it has to have good intentions.Intentions such as helping a suffering area that wants our help not because we think that they need help.
Yes, there is such thing as a just war. A war can be justified by its cause. If the cause behind a war is somthing such as revolt against a terrorist attack. Also an unjust war is a war that started for the wrong cause such as a civil war for power, or a war for world domination. (Dr. Evil)
olivia, if we went in and just killed hitler it would have been different but instead we went in and killed thousands of people and got thousands killed...but you make a good point
I don't think it is possible to have what is considered a "just" war. Just, in my eyes means fair. It isn't possible for a "just" war simply because no two people are going to actually compromise fairly, one person always gets the short end of the stick. Furthermore, war will always unintentionally hurt someone. Should the civilian who agrees with one side be killed? Should the girl who is upset because of her friends not be able to cry? Of course not, because of these facts war will never be what modern day society calls "just". - Thomas A. Northrup
I don't think there is such thing as a just war because there is always going to be one side that has more soldiers or some other advantage over the enemy or vice versa. If it was a fair war than no one would win because it would always be even in everything.
There are many definitions of the word just. Just to me means being for a right cause and fair. There is such thing as just war if you consider war a conflict between two friends or a brother and a sister. If you consider war as only a big fight between a number of countries involving many deaths, then no there isn't such a thing of just war.
Livi, nice try but i think that we could have handled the hitler problem by just killing him or taking all the jews to America because America is AWESOME! -Spencer
Spencer, as much as people love your comment. I, however, do not. Just because something is an opinion doesn't mean it is non-existent. For example, i think green is the coolest color. This is an opinion, but that doesn't mean green doesn't exist!
i also think that in a war it must have a purpose that can benefit several people..... but such as the war in Iraq... we have been in this war waaaaay to long and it is an unjust war
I just don't understand one thing. Germany would've defeated the French, even though according to Madame the French were perfect. The Americans kept the French from being completely killed in WWII. Go America
Nathan!!!!!!! You and I agree completely, ours say the same things! It makes perfect sence what you say! I really love the way you wrote this!! WELL SAID.
dude are you kidding! so does darth vader remember when he chokes that guy with the force your like retarted or something! god get your facts straigh...and he's short he needs some way to win
Good point Meagan, I will agree that people do believe that what they are doing is the right thing. I also agree with your point completely, is there any way you could express more opinion, i always enjoy what you have to say?- Thomas A. Northrup
Every war starts out as a just war, either to fight terrorism, police a nation, or just secure a quarter of the worlds oil reserves. Every war will be shown or "advertised" as a just war. Peace poverty and religion often cause much of the modern wars. Someone will think that it is just, usually a president sitting in a chair, surrounded by a roomful of advisers that are just repeating what he says in a what that will make it sound more appealing for voters. There is no such thing as a just war. Innocents will always be hurt, governments will be damaged and new enemy's formed. A just war is in the eye of the beholder, A terrorist on one side will be another man's freedom fighter (James Bond).
126 comments:
A just war is an opinion. So really there is no such thing because there will always be somebody who apposes the current war.
no because everyone gets hurt in some way or form, and we think we're making the world a better place by helping some country, but at the same time it can't be helping the world by destruction and brutality.
yes, i think there is a thing as a just war, but we should be careful as to what wars we go into. it may not be just to kill many people for someone else's war, or for going into a war with no basis or reason.
I think people believe that, when they go to war, it is justified, and I think if they are in danger, perhaps it is. War changes though and I think that by the end it is never just.
A war can be just if we have a good reason and do a lot of research about your war. It should not be rushed into and it has to have good intentions.Intentions such as helping a suffering area that wants our help not because we think that they need help.
i have to disagree with nathan here. if by going to war you can eventually save many people (ww2, hitler) it is worth it.
Yes, there is such thing as a just war. A war can be justified by its cause. If the cause behind a war is somthing such as revolt against a terrorist attack. Also an unjust war is a war that started for the wrong cause such as a civil war for power, or a war for world domination. (Dr. Evil)
A war can only be just if there is a good reason to have a war and it is thought out. No one should go to war for no reason at all.
Just means something being right. There can be a just war, but it depends on the type of war. The blacks fighting for desegregation was a just war.
Just means fair to me. I think that some wars aren't fair. In a way, it depends on whose side has the best allies.
Nice name skeet
Dear Nathan, i agree with what you said because your right that somebody always gets hurt
AKA scott
olivia, if we went in and just killed hitler it would have been different but instead we went in and killed thousands of people and got thousands killed...but you make a good point
To Spencer: I think your are probably right. It makes sense when you say it like that. PS you spelled oppose wrong.
I don't think it is possible to have what is considered a "just" war. Just, in my eyes means fair. It isn't possible for a "just" war simply because no two people are going to actually compromise fairly, one person always gets the short end of the stick. Furthermore, war will always unintentionally hurt someone. Should the civilian who agrees with one side be killed? Should the girl who is upset because of her friends not be able to cry? Of course not, because of these facts war will never be what modern day society calls "just". - Thomas A. Northrup
i agree with you spencer. George Bush agrees with the war in Iraq, but no one else does.
I agree with Meagan, there are only few times when war is just.
Dear Megan, i absolutely agree with you!
I don't think there is such thing as a just war because there is always going to be one side that has more soldiers or some other advantage over the enemy or vice versa. If it was a fair war than no one would win because it would always be even in everything.
I think there is no just wars. Because if all wars were fair then no one would win. there always has to be two sides that disagree with each other.
thank you
your not dr evil
There are many definitions of the word just. Just to me means being for a right cause and fair. There is such thing as just war if you consider war a conflict between two friends or a brother and a sister. If you consider war as only a big fight between a number of countries involving many deaths, then no there isn't such a thing of just war.
Ricky I agree with you I think if we have good intentions then it is a just war just so it is not a power thing
nice im with you anonymous (livi) im with anonymous 1 because a war can be fought over a purpouseful comment
I agree with SPENCER because in a war someone has to loose or it would just be pointless.
good point-nathan
sorrel. i don't think just means fair, i think it means morally right.
Ricky I disagree. I don't think your points are valid, you need to have more information saying why your information is just.
Livi, nice try but i think that we could have handled the hitler problem by just killing him or taking all the jews to America because America is AWESOME!
-Spencer
I agree with kathryn you need a good reason for war.
im going to have to agree with meagen and spencer
I completely agree with you but I wouldn't exactly call the blacks fighting against segregation a war.
nathan-
we tried many times to kill hitler(christians grandfather), but what were we supposed to do when japan bombed pearl harbor?
i completely agree
To James: I like your comment.
Kaleigh I agree with your ideas of just and unjust
I agree with Ricky because the cause can justify the war.
I agree with lindsay. but then again, if we all had the same advantages we would probably never have anything to fight over.
the only good wars are star wars
Spencer, as much as people love your comment. I, however, do not. Just because something is an opinion doesn't mean it is non-existent. For example, i think green is the coolest color. This is an opinion, but that doesn't mean green doesn't exist!
spencer-I DISAGREE with you. A war is much more than an opinion and even though someone disagrees with a war doesnt mean it's not worthwhile
I completely agree with you!
i also think that in a war it must have a purpose that can benefit several people..... but such as the war in Iraq... we have been in this war waaaaay to long and it is an unjust war
WAR IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
yeah ted and kathryn you would agree with me
Megan I think if in the end we help suffering people or countries and they appreciate it in the end then it is a just war
dude james nice point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whatever skeet
nathan- ahhh this i have to agree with
if we were in star-wars then we wouldn't be doing this and i would be Darth Vader
I disagree, because war isn't an opinion because if someone doesn't like the war doesn't mean there isn't a good reason for it.
I just don't understand one thing. Germany would've defeated the French, even though according to Madame the French were perfect. The Americans kept the French from being completely killed in WWII. Go America
i agree with nathan star wars is amazizing
I change my mind, I don't think that war can be just in everyones mind. I don't think that everyone can agree on something.
good point, i think i'd be yoda...because he's short and can do a ton of flips
Nathan!!!!!!! You and I agree completely, ours say the same things! It makes perfect sence what you say! I really love the way you wrote this!! WELL SAID.
war is an opinion and really any conflict can be war
May 4th is Star Wars Day. May the forth be with you!
yoda uses the force he cheats
hahaha jake+yoda+pencil=_______
scott your point is perfect and you need to tell madame this...my dad told me to tell her that too
And yoda is on staroids
i agree with meagan. world peace ;)
I agree with you nathan.
dude are you kidding! so does darth vader remember when he chokes that guy with the force your like retarted or something! god get your facts straigh...and he's short he needs some way to win
I agree with you!
WAR IS NOT AN OPINION. as thomas has brought up, just because my opinion is that i like yellow, that doesnt mean that me liking yellow is a war
sorrel you friggin hippie
Thomas-
I said a just war is an opinion. But give me an example of a just war.
-Spencer
world peace is better than war
world peace wouldn't be fun................................................ but star wars would be
Good point Meagan, I will agree that people do believe that what they are doing is the right thing. I also agree with your point completely, is there any way you could express more opinion, i always enjoy what you have to say?- Thomas A. Northrup
very good point james i agree 100 and ten percent
well i bet IRON-MAN could beat Darth Nader in a battle royal
war is not just because there are so many things wrong with it like killing, stealing... thomas is right
Hitler was a jew
i wanna see iron man....
tom we make the best team. we are always right and we can bring down anyone
Olivia, i like your comment left at 9 57 AM it prooves an excellent point
To Livi: I think conflict is a difference of opinions, and that conflict leads up to wars.
Lindsay a just war could be fighting to help a area that wants help
people arguing over all this is a WAR!!!
i am IRON-MAN...... and LEGEND
STOP WARRING!!!!!!!!!
meagan-
i disagree. if i disagree with you, are we having a war?
yes he was james...jesus did not like him
...........
jesus was a jew
yeah... warring isnt really a word
we should all see iron man tommorow night
War is wrong my people
ya WARRING IS A WOOOOOOORDDD !
im a jew
lets go see iron man
what about the pac-6 dance? c'mon....
.......
SPENCER- ice burgs aren't opinions! Iceburgs are nouns, just like wars! So what do you have to say for yourself?
no one is going sorell!!!!!!!!!!1
To Livi: no we are not having a war, we are having conflict... Different than a war.
war is a state of mind
sorrel you gotta have a party
guys... what can we do for my birthday? pac-7 tomarrow night, then saturday we go to iron man.
i dont think the pac-6 is delicious. I think it is rediculous.
when did iceburgs come in ????
meagan- but YOU said conflicts lead to wars so you are wrong
and also, i still support thomas wholeheartedly
thomas your taking this way to far
-spencer
Ted, your comment left at 9 47 AM states that war is just in some ways, when is war just?
To Livi: I meant to say some conflicts lead up to wars, not all.
WAR
There is no good war i don't think
i thinmk that war is dumb and that just wars are right GO JUST WARS
In Iraq we aren't helping anything because war doesn't help it hurts and george bush doesn't have a real plan
ah but you didnt say that meagan
you guys i think that gays shouldnt be descriminated against
thank the lord george bush is going. he has wasted a ton of money.
mrs robb is right language is or can start war
There are no just wars.
Spencer, do you really think I'm taking this too far? Or are you just mad i showed you up?
Good job ap i completly agree with you
Iraq is a lot like Vietnam. It is completely pointless.
the way things are said can be interprated in different way
Words can hurt sometimes even more than some hits! cuz a bruise can go away words can stay with someone forever
Words can hurt sometimes even more than some hits! cuz a bruise can go away words can stay with someone forever
Every war starts out as a just war, either to fight terrorism, police a nation, or just secure a quarter of the worlds oil reserves. Every war will be shown or "advertised" as a just war. Peace poverty and religion often cause much of the modern wars. Someone will think that it is just, usually a president sitting in a chair, surrounded by a roomful of advisers that are just repeating what he says in a what that will make it sound more appealing for voters. There is no such thing as a just war. Innocents will always be hurt, governments will be damaged and new enemy's formed. A just war is in the eye of the beholder, A terrorist on one side will be another man's freedom fighter (James Bond).
Post a Comment